Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Better late than never. A list of what made me happy this Monday:
– The rain has left San Francisco for the time being. It almost feels like a real spring, and the rainless state of things makes me so thrilled I could burst.
– I met someone with a dashing collection of cuff links, including knots. And now I want to buy a pair of orange knots for all the men I know. Seriously.
– It’s almost time for March Madness.
– I’m going to Vegas this weekend… and for the first time will step foot outside of the airport. With some of my favorite people in the entire world.
– My love for running seems to have repaired itself. For awhile, I was nervous that I hated it a bit. Turns out, I was just restless.
– Reading SF Eater. It makes me hungry, and I really do want to spend all my money on never cooking again.
No, not an amazing social calendar, or an amazing mastery of Google calendars. I have a wall calendar entitled Big Fish: World Record Catches. I bought it at a quirky local bookseller, well after January 1. As usual, I thought I had made an astonishing find. ‘How ORIGINAL,’ I gasped as I grabbed the only copy in sight. Turns out it’s up for grabs on Amazon.com and is part of a literal endless pool of fish calendars.
If I’d done my research, I would have known that I could have had my pick: Trout of North America, What FlyFishing Teaches Us (or Teach Us, if you go by the Amazon entry), The Lure of Fishing, and the list goes on… I would have also known that similar products to the Big Fish calendar are tagged with such choice descriptors as “topless” and “girls gone wild.” I’m not really sure what to make of that.
Regardless, my enthusiasm was reignited when I finally flipped to February (halfway through the month, how time flies) and saw this beaut:
That, my friends, is a Striped Bass.