Posts Tagged ‘design’
A few thoughts:
1. I’m reading Glimmer. Question the world, do something, venture far and wide, see what might be. Heavy on Bruce Mau’s “Incomplete Manifesto” which I’d forgotten. Mau’s list is largely applicable across life – which perhaps is design of sorts: go deep, allow events to change you, drift, don’t be cool, remember, collaborate, stay up late.
2. I also recently watched Bright Star. It fit the bill due to my love of period films, British actors, female directors, and watch instantly status on NetFlix. Keats is of my favorite genre of tragic talent, and while his odes are lovely, faery-filled things… watching this reminded me of more writing I’d let slip:
Give me women, wine, and snuff
Until I cry out “hold, enough!”
You may do so sans objection
Till the day of resurrection;
For bless my beard they aye shall be
My beloved Trinity.
Mondays are hard days for me. Maybe they’re hard for you, too? I love being outside, so the dawn of Monday morning means five days spent predominantly indoors with just enough of a view to know what I’m missing.
So, I’m taking Mondays as a chance to remind myself about the things that make me smile, laugh, or wish I had.
Things on my like list today:
– sun-filled San Francisco days (because I’m starting to forget what they feel like).
– solid music.
– beautiful, simple design for much needed organization (praying for the iPhone app).
– glistening + shiny things.