Posts Tagged ‘pretty’
Better late than never. A list of what made me happy this Monday:
– The rain has left San Francisco for the time being. It almost feels like a real spring, and the rainless state of things makes me so thrilled I could burst.
– I met someone with a dashing collection of cuff links, including knots. And now I want to buy a pair of orange knots for all the men I know. Seriously.
– It’s almost time for March Madness.
– I’m going to Vegas this weekend… and for the first time will step foot outside of the airport. With some of my favorite people in the entire world.
– My love for running seems to have repaired itself. For awhile, I was nervous that I hated it a bit. Turns out, I was just restless.
– Reading SF Eater. It makes me hungry, and I really do want to spend all my money on never cooking again.
I am still battling my natural cynical tendencies to find things I love, as I’m sure that identifying “wonderful” will make me happier. Things that made this Monday bright:
– The fact that I can check my horoscope for Tuesday after 9PM (Pacific) on Monday on the Wash Post. It makes me feel absurdly prescient.
– Finding out that Vegas (talk about a city of lights) is in my very near future AND that it will most definitely include some of my lifetime favorite friends from the East Coast. I have never been to Sin City, save the airport, which I hated. But I’m optimistic that I’ll love this trip as if something is largely lurid and gold, the probability that I will love it is around 99%.
– An attractive guy at the corner grocery: tall (rare in this city), dark-haired, athletic, and frustrated. Another plus at the same place: plaintain chips, on sale [and only the tiniest bit stale].
– I’m digging these guys’ shirts. Maybe because they have a size called “marge” (and “smedium”). Men that I know, beware, t-shirts are in your future.
Mondays are hard days for me. Maybe they’re hard for you, too? I love being outside, so the dawn of Monday morning means five days spent predominantly indoors with just enough of a view to know what I’m missing.
So, I’m taking Mondays as a chance to remind myself about the things that make me smile, laugh, or wish I had.
Things on my like list today:
– sun-filled San Francisco days (because I’m starting to forget what they feel like).
– solid music.
– beautiful, simple design for much needed organization (praying for the iPhone app).
– glistening + shiny things.